Saturday, November 21, 2009

Blog #18 Important Places

Growing up there were a few places that holds special places in my heart each place for its own reason. One of the first places I will always travel back to in my memory as an extremely important is my grandmother's house. When I was younger her house was my safe place whenever my mother & I went thru our bull---- I would escape to that place. This sanctuary was filled with unconditional love and understanding something I felt didn't live in my home. Another spot I can recall is when I used to visit my family in Baltimore, Maryland. Especially my Aunt Elsie"s house she took no shorts from anyone but she taught me a lot, going there in summer was my city/country retreat. The next place I put on my list is my cousin house in Windsor,North Carolina, they build this house from the ground up and I always used them as inspiration for my own future home. The place on my list is the bathroom, now i know this might be a little strange but its my quiet place the sound of the running water in the pipes plus the the silence of the dark when the lights are off helps me focus and gain clarity when things become foggy. the last place on my list is my first apartment it was an attic apartment with one and half bedrooms but me and my first born were comfortable. It was small but it was mine and I maintained it by myself it was myfirst milestone in my independent life.

No comments:

Post a Comment