Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Blog #6 The Ranking

During the course of the class thus far we have had to read a range of creative writing essays and throughout this process I have had mixed emotions about them. In terms of ranking I definitely do have an order in mind to which they would fall. On top of that list would be : "Superman & Me";"Westbury Court"; and , "My Father Always Said", those were the essays I most enjoyed and related with. For example in ," Superman & Me", when the author starts to talk about how he felt trapped growing up on that reservation. That statement alone took me back to my own childhood growing up in the projects .( that is an urban low-income housing complex) I felt the exact way watching people around me fall into the box already made for them instead of reaching for the stars. In the others essays they struck me in different eras in my life so they made go back to those places for a while. Now going in the other direction of my list there are a few that would absolutely be at the bottom they are: "Biography of a Dress";"That Men Should Not Judge"; and lastly , " Out There", these essay took me to another place of HUH, I felt they had no purpose in my eyes these examples just bored the mess of me. Maybe it was the ways these authors structured their essays,or even just the content of their essays. Either way they rank at the bottom of my list. Especially , " Biography of a dress", that particular essay almost gave me a headache for most of the read I felt like the author was talking in circles. The way the author kept reflecting back started to make me dizzy. The other two essays were just not good experiences for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment