Thursday, September 17, 2009

Blog #2 Kinkaid and Lott

When I first started reading Kinkaid's essay , she gave me a feeling of similarities. I could totally related to her writing and how she painted a picture with every statement. It was like she couldn't continue the story unless the reader really understood or had an image in their head. As my reading progressed I realized that she had a real love of description and letting the reader hear the history of every new element she introduced. My true and initial response to her writing felt like she was going in circles then I realized that her circles had a purpose.
Kinkaid's way of creative writing was extremely descriptive like I stated I believe she was big on painting pictures for the readers. She showed me that putting images in readers also help to deliver the message or bring your story across.

In Lott's discussion he basically just supported my own definition of creative non-fiction . His definition was that creative non-fiction comes from each individual point of view or life experiences. That there is no wrong or right definition. His view is that we create our own defintion and build from there. Lott said people need to take responsibilty for their own perspection of (cnf). Long as it comes with the truth . He also raised questioned that with the definition being self defined we do have certain responsibilities to make sure we answer for and to our lives. I guess he was talking about howa balance needs to be there. Meaning aslong as your not always the hero or the victim your accounts shound be accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment